whatNew Futura at Leonie Hill by CDL is an upcoming condominium development at District 9, Orchard, in the heart of Singapore. The location is right by the shopping district of Orchard, close to transport links, good schools and daily amenities.
Development details of New Futura at Leonie Hill
- Development name: New Futura
- Developer: City Sunshine Holdings (City Developments Pte Ltd)
- Freehold tenure
- District 9
- Plot ratio 2.8
- 27,217 sqm site area
- Expected TOP 23 Nov 2017
- 2 towers of 36 storeys and 2 basement carparks
- 124 residential units
- Address: 14 Leonie Hill drive
- 1 unit to 2 car park lots
|Foreign Design Consultant||Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP|
|Architect||ADDP Architects LLP|
|Landscape Consultant||Belt Collins International (Singapore) Ltd|
|M&E Engineer||Squire Mech Pte Ltd|
|C&S Engineer||KTP Consultants Pte Ltd|
|Quantity Surveyor||Davis Langdon KPK (Singapore) Pte Ltd|
|Project Interior Designer||Axis ID Pte Ltd|
Key features of New Futura by CDL
- Located in central singapore, in district 9, Leonie Hill area
- Walking distance of to the main shopping district of Orchard Road and Great World City
- World class finishings and workmanship
- Close to key MRT stations like Orchard and Somerset
- CDL is an established and reputable developer in Singapore with projects like Republic Plaza and Forestwoods. Quality is assured.
- Appreciation potential due to fantastic location
- Contact us if you are looking for showflat location, pricing, details and to be on the mailing/VIP list!
Floor plans, units and pricing of New Futura
- 2BR – TBA
- 3BR – TBA
- 4BR – TBA
- 5BR Penthouse – TBA
- Pricing between S$3,5xx to S$3,9xx
- 1,098 to 7,825 sqft
Location of New Futura
Distance and driving time to key locations from New Futura at Leonie Hill
- Somerset MRT: 500m, 3 mins
- Orchard MRT: 500m, 3 mins
- Great World MRT coming up 2021!!
- Bus services: 32, 54, 139, 195, 530, NR6, NR70, 7, 14, 16, 36, 65, 77, 106, 111, 123, 174, 174E, 175, 971E
- Nearby supermarkets: NTUC, Sheng Shiong, Cold Storage
- Nearby shopping malls: ION orchard, Orchard Central, 313 Somerset, Robinsons, Cineleisure, Wisma Atria, Takashimaya
- Lifestyle amenities: Stardus Clubhouse, Istana Park, Tanglin Club, Fort Canning Park
- Kay Poh Road Baptist Kindergarten, Little Hands Montessori, JHS Montessori Kindergarten, PCF Kreta Ayer, PCF Tanjong Pagar
- River Valley Primary School, St Margaret Primary School, Anglo-Chinese Junior School, Zhanngde Primary School
- Outram Secondary School, Gan Eng Seng School, Raffles Girls’ Secondary School
- Catholic Junior College
- Finnish Supplementatry School, Swedish Supplementary School, Overseas Family School, ISS International School, Chatsworth International School Orchard Campus, Eton House International School
Key Plans and Schematic
In 16 Leonie Hill, storeys 5 to 9 has 2 and 3 bedroom units. The Sky Serenity floor is on 10. Floors 11 to 34 are 3 and 4 bedrooms, interspersed with the Sky Aqua and Sky Indulgence floors on 23 and 28 respectively. The penthouse is on floors 35 and 36.
In 18 Leonie Hill, storeys 5 to 13 has 2 and 3 bedroom units. The Sky Sense floor is on 14. Floors 15 to 34 are 3 and 4 bedrooms, interspersed with the Sky Bliss and Sky Indulgence floors on 23 and 30 respectively.
Architect and construction
A new freehold condominium at Leonie Hill, New Futura is a stone throw away from Singapore’s famous Orchard Shopping Belt. With horizontal aluminium fins that sprout from the towers at different levels and with varying widths and lengths, it is an unmistakable and iconic landmark on the skyline of Singapore. Its luxurious, contemporary and eco friendly design represents a revolution in high end urban living. Its numerous special features include elevated decks, sky bridges and a wide aluminium canopy that spans both towers and circles parts of it.
Construction Challenges of New Futura
One of the challenges of this project was to build the complex high-rise towers in a dense high-end residential environment. Dragages Singapore adopted innovative solutions with the objective of minimising the dependence on foreign labour, reducing the noise and dust nuisances to the neighbouring properties and providing safe and sustainable methods of construction.
New Futura @ Leonie Hill was awarded the BCA Green Mark Gold Plus for sustainability in its built environment and awareness among its designers, builders and developers for its conceptualisation, design and construction.
New Futura’s Developer
City Developments Limited (CDL) is a Singapore-listed international real estate operating company with a global presence spanning 97 locations in 26 countries. As one of Singapore’s largest companies by market capitalisation, its income-stable and geographically-diversified portfolio comprises residences, offices, hotels, serviced apartments, integrated developments and shopping malls, totalling over 18 million square feet of floor area globally.
CDL has hotel assets in one of the world’s largest hotel groups – its London-listed subsidiary, Millennium & Copthorne Hotels plc (M&C), has over 130 hotels globally, many in key gateway cities. Globally, CDL has developed over 40,000 homes and is one of Singapore’s largest commercial landlords, with one of the biggest landbanks amongst Singapore private-sector developers.
Building on its track record of over 50 years in real estate development, investment and management, CDL has developed growth platforms in five key international markets – UK, US, China, Japan and Australia. The Company is also leveraging its stable of prime assets and growing its real estate funds management business. It currently has over $3.5 billion in funds under management.
Notable projects include Forest Woods, Gramercy Park and The Criterion
CDL also has a very strong board of directors, testament to the healthy corporate governance culture.
New Futura is located in district 9 in Singapore which has traditionally been the district where wealthy people stay.
District 9 is a larger district that encompasses Orchard Road and River Valley. New Futura is specifically in the Orchard district.
Every year at various festivals such as Chinese New Year and Christmas, tourists and locals alike will flock to Orchard Road to take in the sights, sounds and atmosphere of the area. The entire road will be decorated beautifully, with many photo worthy moments.
There have also been plans to make Orchard road entirely car free at certain times of the month and even permanently. This is part of the plan to help the shopping road combat the competition from malls in the neighbourhood, which has steadily been taking foot traffic. Similarly, e-commerce has exacerbated the trend, with shoppers now less likely to go out physically if something is available to be bought online.
New Futura is located right beside Orchard Road, and with the sprucing up and plans underway to make it a vibrant shopping street, property values are likely to appreciate going forward. As such, the location of New Futura is already in the city centre, and prices are likely to hold up well in the area.
Research from squarefoot show that prices in the D9 area have been relatively stable, indicating that the cooling measures of the government has been working. However, the government has recently loosened one of their cooling measures, and this is likely to cause prices to rise.
New Futura is likely to be a beneficiary as some investors are still cautious. For those who are willing to take the risk on this great development in a fantastic location, future appreciation potential is bound to occur.
Prices are presently at about S$2,000 per sq ft, having been rangebound between S$1,750 and S$2,500 over the last 8 years.
The central part of Singapore has recently been seeing a revival of buying interest, with one of the latest transactions being the sale of a penthouse at Sculptura Ardmore for over S$60m. This condominium is only a stones throw from New Futura, and investors should take note that if they do not make their move to secure a unit in the central part of Singapore soon, prices could continue even higher.
Sun Tongyu, a co-founder of Alibaba also bought a unit in the central part of Singapore for a record price of S$51millin in 2015.
All these point to a revival in prices over the near to medium term future as investors start looking closely at Singapore as a country where property is competitively priced with potential upside in future.