Very interesting tie up between Singapore + China i.e. Capitaland + Alibaba + Lazada.
This marks the start of a journey between these top players as they try to navigate the challenging world of e-commerce and retail.
- E-commerce is being embraced as an enabler rather than a disruptor to retail business. Capitaland is at the forefront of such thinking.
- Capitaland will manager part of Alibaba’s HQ in Shanghai. The retail podium will represent the future of modern retail offering a seamless O2O experience.
- An online mall will be set up on Lazada to offer CAPL’s retailers an online avenue to grow. Collection points will be at Plaza Singapura and Bugis_
- Successful implementation will mean a new source of revenue for Capitaland.
- CAPL has advanced into the omni-channel retail strategy with two strategic alliances with Alibaba and Lazada.
- Alibaba’s new Shanghai HQ comprises 4 office towers and a retail podium. CAPL will manage one office tower and the retail podium
- In Singapore, CAPL will offer their retailers an avenue to sell their products on Lazada. Click-and-collect points will be available for consumers to collect or return their products at Plaza Singapura and Bugis+.
CAPL is the first developer to be this forward thinking, trumping the efforts of others in the market and region.
If you find the above interesting and would like to get started on investing in REITs, we would love to be with you on the journey. One place you can get started on finding out more is our REIT data tracker and list of property and REIT events.
We would love to assist if you are on the lookout to buy or sell property. If you know of anyone who is interested to do so, please refer them to us. We have an attractive referral program where you share in the fees or profits of the transaction.
PropertyInvestSG is on the lookout for successful individuals who have experience in property or REIT investments to interview. If you are one or know of someone like this, speak with us today.
Be nice and say hi, or simply drop us a message at the message box in the bottom right corner of this page.